Massage therapy can benefit more than your body. There are proven benefits to your emotional and psychological health as well! Check out some of the benefits you may experience from massage therapy sessions at Skin MB Med Spa:
For your body:
- Ease pain from headaches, backaches, and more. Massage relieves tension in your muscles that could be contributing to the pain you are experiencing. People who use massage therapy to ease pain often see better long-term results and require fewer medications to manage their symptoms.
- Increase your flexibility. Massage works your muscles, stretching and lengthening, which can help you regain range of motion and flexibility. Massage also stimulates the production of lubrication in your joints and tendons, making it easier to move pain-free.
- Stimulates blood flow throughout the body. Blood carries the nutrients your body needs to feel its best, so stimulating blood flow has multiple benefits including helping your body heal faster. It also encourages your lymphatic system, which is responsible for your immune defense.
- Lowers blood pressure. Massage has been a proven method of lowering blood pressure, reducing your chance as dangerous, life-threatening heart issues.
For your mind:
- Eases anxiety and stress. The relaxing environment and soothing touch of a massage can help those with anxiety and stress experience lasting relaxation.
- Helps battle depression. Massage can lower the amount of cortisol, a stress hormone, in your body while simultaneously increasing the amount of serotonin and dopamine, the chemicals that make you feel good.
- Increases the quality of your sleep. The relaxation effect and increase of feel-good hormones can actually help you get a better night’s sleep, too!
Massage is a full-body wellness tool that can help you feel better both mentally and physically! Make an appointment with our experienced, compassionate massage therapist in Nashville today.